Thank you so much for choosing to allow God to work through you by speaking at Fort Wilderness!
You likely have questions about your time at Fort and our hope is that this page answers many of them. You have also received an email with information that is specific to your speaking week. What a privilege to minister together during such a time as this!
Speaker Information Form
All speakers need to fill out the Speaker Information Form. The purpose of this form is to:
- Gather the information we need to serve you (and your family if they join you at camp).
- Statement of Faith and Values (1st time speakers only) – It is important our speakers are aware of and can materially support the doctrinal views of Fort Wilderness. If you have significant concerns or questions with a specific statement(s) we are pleased to discuss.
W9 Tax Form
This is the tax form that we need in order to give you your honorarium. Please send this back before you arrive so that our business office can write you a check. (Email to email@example.com or mail to Fort Wilderness Ministries Box 715 McNaughton WI, 54543)
When should you arrive?
Please arrive by 5:30 Saturday evening at the latest. Campers arrive Saturday starting at 1:30, and the first session isn’t until Saturday night.
When is the week finished?
You are free to depart anytime on Friday. The last time you will be speaking is on Thursday night, and the campers leave by 10 am on Friday.
How many times are you speaking?
- Saturday night 5-minute introduction of your topic (Kids are present)
- Sunday through Thursday morning session. 30-45 minutes (Adults)
- Wednesday afternoon- Q/A time with the campers
- Thursday night optional 5-minute closing/challenge (Kids are present)
How should you dress for sessions?
Casual; keep in mind, even summer in the Northwoods often has cool weather, especially in the mornings and evenings. Sessions are held outdoors, unless there is a rain.
AV & Handouts
Maddie is your contact for all AV questions and requests. In addition, if you have handouts we would be glad to discuss printing and handing them out. Please reach out to Maddie by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org
How about getting paid?
Family Camp speakers are given an honorarium (specific details have been emailed to you). All of your meals are provided for you and your family as well as lodging. The only money you’ll need is for program activities that may have a charge, and purchases at the Canteen and Coffee Shop. You will need to fill out a W9 form. This is the tax form that we need in order to give you your honorarium. Please send this back before you arrive so that our business office can write you a check. (Details at the top of this page)
Where are you staying?
You will be staying in housing at Main Camp where linens and towels are provided along with complimentary soap and shampoo. Don’t forget to pack your beach towels, though, as the towels we provide are for shower use only.