12 Campers, 3 Staff, 7 Nights, 32 Miles Backpacking the Trail
The trail changes people, you won’t come back the same!
Unplugging and being immersed in God’s creation while also experiencing Tennessee and Kentucky is quite the adventure! Backpacking Savage Gulf State Park will provide many sights, and just one sound – the sound of footsteps on the trail! This time in creation will refresh you! You’ll also visit Mammoth Cave State Park in Kentucky while you explore with a community of campers and staff. You’ll share conversation and staff will guide the group through God’s Word. It’s an unforgettable and impactful week!
Spring Break Trip
Tackle the Journey in 2024 – Dates coming soon
12 spots available; co-ed
First time on a Fort Journey?
We’ve got you covered.
All meals will be prepared and served by Fort Staff – dehydrated food has never tasted so good! Plus, one surprise celebration meal on the way home.
Staff will guide the trip with both adventure and outfitting skills but also relationally as they lead conversations and daily devotions.
The Journey is sure to challenge campers physically and spiritually.
What equipment does Fort provide?
Fort provides all necessary equipment such as tents and packs. Your personal belongings and required items can be found on the packing list.
Is backpacking experience required?
No experience required! We will teach basic backpacking skills and help you feel comfortable once we hit the trail. The packs could weigh as much as 50 lbs and the trail is moderately challenging so being in general good shape is needed. We hike five to eight miles a day.
Can I bring my phone?
This is an unplugged adventure! No phones allowed. Trip leaders have phones for emergency purposes.
What are the sleeping arrangements?
We have high-quality four person tents that 2-4 people share.
What about bathrooms and showers?
Pit/vault toilets will be provided at all campsites we stay at. Showers will be available upon returning to camp the night before pick up. Be sure to review the Packing List and Guide for best practices.
How are health issues handled on the trail?
A trained and certified emergency medical responder will travel with each trip. We will work with special conditions, allergies, or concerns on a case-by-case basis. Filling out the health form accurately and completely at registration is important so that we can serve you well.
Campers will picked up in a Fort van on the way to Tennessee. All belongings and gear will be transported via covered trailer.
Pick Up Locations on April 1st:
- Noon – Fort Wilderness: 6180 Wilderness Trail, McNaughton, WI 54501
- 2pm – Stevens Point: Kwik Trip 5311 Old Highway 18, Stevens Point, WI 54482
- 4pm – Milwaukee: Kwik Trip 7880 South 10th St, Oak Creek, WI 53154
- 5pm – Racine and dinner together: Culver’s 722 S Sylvania Ave, Sturtevant, WI 53177
- 10pm – Zionsville and overnight stop: Zionsville Fellowship 9090 Oak St, Zionsville, IN 46077
- 11:30am – Arrive at Savage Gulf State Park in Tennessee
Drop Off Locations on April 8th (same as pick-up locations): Other drop-off locations can be arranged if needed. Contact Gunnar Koehn at email@example.com
- Noon – Zionsville and lunch: Zionsville Fellowship 9090 Oak St, Zionsville, IN 46077
- 4:30pm – Racine: Culver’s 722 S Sylvania Ave, Sturtevant, WI 53177
- 5:30pm – Milwaukee and dinner: Kwik Trip 7880 South 10th St, Oak Creek, WI 53154
- 7:30pm Stevens Point: Kwik Trip 5311 Old Highway 18, Stevens Point, WI 54482
- 10:00pm Return to Fort: 6180 Wilderness Trail, McNaughton, WI 54501
Food Allergy Note
For any food allergy, we want to help. The nature of the trip allows some flexibility with food – Please email at the same time of registration to be sure we can accommodate your needs. Contact the Adventure Program Manager, Gunnar Koehn at firstname.lastname@example.org
Basic Camp Schedule
|Opening Day||Arrive at camp or get picked up on the way!|
Meet your leaders and campmates
|Day 2-6||On the trail!|
Daily devotional led by the staff
Evening group activities and prayer
|Last Day||Return packs and gear|
Get dropped off on the way
See you next time!